Sunday, May 26, 2024

Family...

...is so important. While I was in my groove working on my latest WIP (see below) the kids arrived for a cookout, some corn hole, and then off to the ice cream shop. We had so much fun! They weren't here long, but we knew they wouldn't be and we savored the time we had with them.

Before, and after they were here, I was working on my latest WIP (bags and long arming didn't appeal at the time). 

When I moved from the previous studio to the new one, I rounded up all the WIPs and put them in separate bags and then tucked them away under the spare room bed. This one is for me to be able to work on the sit-down machine at night if I'm tired from being on my feet all day.

Making the "base" blocks
I started this about two years ago. Then after getting Bernie, the sit-down machine and the quilting table had to be put into the barn until there was more room to house everything. I'm getting the blocks all made, sandwiched, and labeled so I can just sit and sew when I feel like it. 

It's a 365 quilt and a combination of two books are being used to initiate the quilting within each block. Every block will be quilted differently with white thread and after looking at the first four "sections" already completed, have realized I have learned so much since I started this back then. Once all the blocks are quilted, the joining of them will be similar to joining quilt-as-you-go blocks. Of course, I'll keep blogging about my journey on this one.

It's not going to be finished overnight but I'm excited about it coming together at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...