Friday, May 31, 2024

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Okay, so the Linda quilts are not going to take as long as I thought they were going to take. The first one (Williams) is done and the second back is being frame ironed right now. I'll get that loaded in the next half hour.

Dealing with wavering borders. Again!

No work on Rae's quilt yesterday. 

Work on Foster did occur and a couple of lessons were revisited while working on it. 

    Lesson 1) Don't assume the parts that come with a new machine are ready to quilt with, i.e. the needle. Skipped stitches taught me that. So replaced needle. And did a thorough cleaning of the race and bobbin area. 

    Lesson 2) Don't assume new is better. While I appreciated the idea of clear view on the frame, it was not holding the quilt parallel with the ground, and, I didn't have anything to put my arm/hand on while quilting. Thank goodness it wasn't an extra feature I had to pay for; it just came with the frame. 

    Lesson 3) Different thread delivery requires modifications on thread treatment. I will have to net all the large cones of thread on the new machine because the thread base sits and is designed differently. It kept catching and breaking/shredding the thread. 

Here's what was giving me these re-learned lessons...

Crazy Feather

Work on Jay consisted of two blocks, but the first row is ready to assemble. Jim yard mowed this week so I didn't have to which gave me an extra two hours of studio time. Yay!

Gas line in!
Jim also did some studio work outside. The gas line is buried and no longer worrisome to me. It made me nervous with it above ground, especially since we are into mowing season. A very productive day for us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...