Saturday, June 1, 2024

Challenges

When I'm given a challenge, I love to use problem solving methods to make the situation right. Yesterday, the borders were the challenge. I starched. I steam pressed, and even that wasn't enough to ease in the large amount of fullness in this border...

This is kind of excessive
I ended up taking a tuck because there was still over an inch remaining after all my other options were exhausted.

Here's what's going into each of the blocks in this piece...
A Sawtooth Star
I realize now why I'm not traditionally an edge-to-edger. Yawn. These motifs take a little under a minute to stitch out. Not enough time to work on Bernie, or do much of anything else. Then the motif has to be tied off, moved, realigned with the next block, bobbin thread pulled up and then stitch again. That's not problem solving nor is it a challenge. 

After working on this piece over six hours yesterday, I moved onto Foster to work the Dream Big Minky piece...
Eight petals completed
This machine has excellent lighting. But when I switch over to it during the evening hours, the window behind it faces west. With the sunlight coming through and the lighting on the machine, I was having a really hard time seeing the petals in here. I dialed the lighting down on the machine and that helped.

After working on that for a bit, I moved to Mike to stitch the first six blocks together in my sit-down 365 project...
That didn't take too long
Once that was finished I rolled it up and put it away until the next six blocks are done. I moved over to Ellie to construct the next set of blocks (33 of them) in the scrappy green clean-out-the-dresser project I'll be chipping away at for a while. I have 80 more blocks to go of the 168 I'm going to need.

Jim was busy cutting trim pieces for the studio and he got the transitional stair piece installed too.

No customers scheduled today. I'm going to make a thread basket for Foster to start and then I'll see if Jim needs my help outside (he's working on the porch). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...