Friday, June 14, 2024

Goofed Up

I made a mistake on a customer billing. I forgot to give her the 20% first-time-customer discount and she had to email me to point out the discrepancy. I have NEVER done that before. Well, that's going away after July 1st anyway, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Yeah, my pricing is being restructured after July 1. No new customer discounts, my e2e and custom prices are being increased by a penny per square inch, but I'm eliminating the thread charge. So, it's not really a whole penny I'm increasing.

But there are other things being added to the invoice: "Please pick up your quilt within 30 days of notification upon completion". There is a $30 minimum charge no matter the size. There will be a $30 "push" charge if a deadline isn't within a reasonable time. By reasonable I mean a month or more. A few weeks is not reasonable since I'm already four months out right now. 

Batting prices are now posted on the heater right behind Bernie where customers face at the planning table to give them a visual, and I've made batting samples so customers can make informed decisions on which batt to choose.

Whew...I sound all business-like, don't I? Andrew called last night and my pricing/changes were discussed. He's my business manager and is pretty strict with me since I have a tendency not to be. 

Here's what I'm working on DW today...

Laura R's beautiful log cabin
The pic doesn't do this quilt justice. The colors in this are so rich. I'm thinking feathers in the light areas and some swirls in the dark. But I'm still thinking about it.

I finished Rae's second quilt and am re-loading Deb B's onto Bernie. While Jim was strawberry jamming I worked a little on Foster...until Andrew called. Then I moved over to Ellie to piece 27 more blocks in the green scrappy quilt. I'm over a 100 blocks but still need to make more. I'll probably be fiddling with that over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...