Thursday, June 20, 2024

Donating

I have't donated in a while. To anything really. Shame on me. I saw an IG post this morning from a quilter in Missouri (I think) who is collecting blocks to create some QOV's for her area. She's trying to get a block from every state. Count Michigan in!

Of course, the blocks are easy (a simple flag) and I'll be making one of those for her tonight to get into tomorrows mail. It's a small donation, but at least it's something.

Easy Peasy

More on Deb B's quilt today. I had one customer pick up and another customer came to drop off. That always takes up a little time out of long arming.

After I was done working for the day, I went to Foster to work more on the Amish with a Twist III and am now ready to roll. 

Once that was done I moved over to cutting more green pieces for the scrap quilt. While I was pressing the fabrics I ran across this piece...

My very first fabric purchase
This was the focus fabric in Calebs baby quilt; my first quilt EVER! This is the original fabric and after 30 years, it's still in pristine condition. It came from Country Stitches down in Lansing. I sent a pic to him to see if he recognized it and he quickly replied back that yes, he did know this fabric and was pleased I still had a piece.

More on Debs quilt today. I should be able to finish it up as I only have two more rows to do but the first of those is partially done. 

I have a customer coming to pick up this morning and a brand new customer coming around 11:00 to meet me and discuss what she has going on in her quilt top world. Not sure what time the other customer is coming; she wasn't very specific on when she'd be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...