Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Thunderstorm Morning

We have a nice late spring/early summer thunderstorm rolling through right now. It doesn't look like it's going to last too long but we needed the rain at any amount.

Yesterday morning was spent on the phone. Literally. ALL MORNING! The only thing I stitched on DW was to baste in the batting to the back to get a plumb line. Yep, that was it. 

I only took one break after lunch and when Jim got home, I had only set in the first two rows. The motif Linda decided on is spectacular, but so (so, so, so) time consuming. Here's what the last of her quilts is getting...

Custom quilting the last one
What takes so long are the channels and the feather spines. Each and every one has to be individually started and stopped.

Gall Sewing called yesterday and said all my goodies were there. Caleb is planning on coming up today to do berries with Jim and he'll bring everything with him. It'll be nice to get a ruler base on Foster. It's even nicer to have children that support what you do!

Sherry's quilt arrived to her place all safe and sound (UPS'd that out on Monday night), and Pat N. called to thank me for the beautiful job I did in her quilt (that was delivered to Terry a few weeks ago). I needed those calls after the mornings phone interludes. 

Looks like the storm is already winding down. Time to get the music on and the thread a runnin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...