Friday, June 21, 2024

Appeal Denied!

There's been a group formed trying to appeal the special assessment of our dam reconstruction. Until the appeal ruling came in, the dams were going to cease construction soon. We just received the ruling yesterday that the appeal was denied. Maybe the construction will continue now that we're past that?

Meanwhile, I had a new customer drop off yesterday morning. She was very nice and her previous long armer is out of the picture and therefore looking for another. She gave me her first (maybe a trial of sorts) to see how I do (I think). Another customer came and picked up in the mid-afternoon. 

Despite all the customer work, I was able to get Deb B's quilt finished. I'm loading a back now for the next one on Bernie. DW is all loaded and basted in and I'll be working on this today...

Another big one
Sorry about the pic. I didn't have the lights on when I was buzzing through shutting down the studio for the night.

After finishing Debs quilt, Jim was home and we needed to run over to get his truck. When we returned home I had every intention of working on Foster while Jim was mowing the lawn. Our eldest called and we were on the phone for over an hour. I did some quiet work while we chatted and ended up getting all the remaining pieces cut for the green scrappy quilt.

I was going to go and mow the girls' pen but Jim waved me off and so went in and put all the blocks together. They are all pieced and just waiting for me to set them into rows.

Ready for a retreat
I squirreled after looking down into my ruler area and found these...
Crumb blocks and a few 25-patches
I'll get some sashing around these and make them into smaller kids or dolly quilts. It was almost 9:00 before I left the studio and I never did get to the flag block I had intended to make. Maybe tonight? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...