Wednesday, May 22, 2024

!@#$% Seaweed

Our seaweed doesn't usually show up for another month. The warmer weather of late has inspired it to grow earlier and wow, is it growing. I haven't even got the kayak out yet. Although, the work load around here is mostly to blame for that.

Cheryl's second quilt is done...

A nice hook-swirl
I'll be calling her as I open this morning. While frame ironing backing on DW I worked on Rae's quilt some more on Bernie. This is what DW will be wearing today and probably tomorrow...
An Amish-looking top
You bet there will be some feathers in here; borders, inside, and maybe even those sashing strips?

And since it's spring, the yard and the exterior of the studio work gets a lot of attention. I mowed and trimmed the girls' pen and the south side of the interior yard last night while waiting for Jim to cut gable siding. Once he got what we needed, up on the scaffolding I go. The final tiny piece in the center and the soffits are all that is left on on the south end. 

I have a customer coming to pick up and two more coming later this afternoon to drop off; one regular and one new customer, both bringing the same quilt top. How funny is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Post Today

We have family here today and part of tomorrow. Yet, I still feel the need to write this morning while the grandkids are doing "school&...