Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Final Days

We are approaching the final days for me to be in the "old" studio. Today I'll be removing Kathy's quilt from Bernie and then both machines will be empty until next Monday. The packing and labeling begins IF we pass our final inspection today.

The only way this will change is if we don't pass inspection. I may throw a small something or another onto one of the machines to get done before I leave on Thursday. 

Here's some of the quilting in Kathy's quilt...

So pretty!
I am expecting a customer later this morning to drop off but that's about it. It's bitter sweet leaving the old studio. I've enjoyed the views and sunshine; the falling snow and rains, and the wildlife I get to watch. But I quickly outgrew the space and it's time for a shift. While all those windows were nice, it was also a distraction. I found my self wool gathering at times watching the critters scurry, swim, and fly in their daily life. 

I will still have large windows facing the lake, but not as broad of a view as I do now. However, while I was polyurethaning the floor, found the new space has very good juju and am looking forward to starting the next chapter in Quilting at the Lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

I need to get a sign up designating where the door to Quilting at the Lake lives now. That way I don't have to "greet" people ...