Wednesday, May 8, 2024

We Passed!

We've been given our occupancy permit and the final inspection went relatively well. Just a few things he mentioned that he wasn't going to sight us for that needed to be done. The beam and the outside supports on the porch need to be boosted to 2x8's. 

And, since I'm leaving tomorrow for Cincinnati, I had yesterday and then today to get the big machines cleaned out (all that stuff underneath them). Wow, do I have a dirty job. So (so, so, so) many dust bunnies and lint. And I'm not putting dirty stuff out into my beautiful new studio. 

It took all day to get the spare bedroom cleaned out (quilts in wait, quilts to be picked up, and batting) and underneath DW done. I'm tackling Bernie this morning.

Not quite finished yet, but enough for now

There will be a shelf above these to store packaged batt
All clean underneath!

In between all of that I had a customer come and drop off, calls coming in, and the inspector. 

In the early evening I was pretty tired of walking back and forth from the main house out to the new studio, so I decided to do some thing fun and more sit-down-ish. I started four bags and made eight more blocks...


This is one of those "time killer" projects. Just some blocks to eat up the stash and stick into small time slots when there isn't a lot of time (or energy) to work. I also made one customer bag and started four more. I have admin stuff to do today as well as packing for the trip so I better get to it. I'm sure going to miss the big machines for the next almost week. Am I whining? You bet! I love long arming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lansing and Outside

Was in Lansing all day yesterday for Hannah's 8th birthday party. When we returned home we moved the design wall... Now in the SW corner...