Tuesday, February 24, 2026

A Mixed Couple of Days

Yesterday started out like normal. Blog. Open Studio. Quilt. Then it all changed.

We met our friends/customers for lunch. Went to the tax preparer. Did a few other errands. Came home and it was after 4:00. Well, no more customer long arming.

I did long arm on DW. Here is a few pics of the strips done thus far...

Odd Days

Even days

I like to show these because they are so fun. The only rule for this project is no measuring. In a customer quilt, I would, of course, measure out each motif that needed precision, but we are being a little more free with these.

After shutting down DW, my phone rang with another friend/customer coming up on the caller ID. Hmmm? Hoping everything was okay I picked it up and ended up working on these while chatting for over an hour...

The first 10 days of the year
Yep, this is how my temperature quilt is starting out. They went fast, and the hardest part was actually sorting through all the bags with each designated temp. Not too tough, huh? 

I had an hour or so left in me so I did one block in the scrappy quilt and built two more blocks in the Rita the Ripper top. 

This morning I had a customer arrive (per our preset agreement) before I even 'opened' to come and pick up a quilt. We chatted, laughed, and learned together until just a few minutes ago. I love to spend time with my customers!

I'll be working on Bernie for what is left of the morning. I'm loading onto Marty after lunch and will start a little bit on that after working on Bernie for a spell this afternoon. BUT, my mother is supposed to be stopping by at some point today, so maybe my goals are a little high in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...