Friday, February 27, 2026

Missed Birthday(s)

When I got a new phone last year, not only did it delete half of my customer information (that's been fun), I'm discovering it deleted nearly all the birthdays I had in my calendar. Including my DIL's. Which, I have guiltily missed in previous years. 

I don't know what it is about February that I lose my head. Maybe because I'm trying to play catch-up in my queue and running hard with the machines? Maybe it's my age? I don't like that I forget stuff and my studio is starting to look like a poster child for Post-It Notes with reminders I need to remember. Apparently, I missed the birthday one for Alicia.

And, I feel awful! Jim was planning on heading downstate today to spend a quality day with the kids/grandkids. He has the truck all packed with food, toolboxes, and clothes/overnight bag and then last night we found out the grandkids are all going to a slumber party this morning and will not even be there.

Jim cancelled his trip down because I guess he wanted to spend the day with the entire family. He had no other reason to head downstate other than to play with the family in Lansing. 

Meanwhile, Diane's leaf quilt was worked all morning and after lunch, Virginia's Stars and Shadows had the body started...

Some of the quilting
Here's a better shot of the reason we purchased this pattern...

This section above takes me about an hour to work. I did four yesterday. I have five to do today with the new roll. Doing this intense work for more than a few hours is hard on the eyes, which is why I'm mixing two quilts into a day. 

I actually did my DW work prior to starting yesterday morning. The furnace was running in front of the leaf quilt and it was an easy motif. And, apparently I can not count. I have two day 24's in there. I was going to rip it out but had already quilted up to date 31 and decided to just make it 24a and 24b. 

I constructed one caddy, made eight houses, 12 trees, and talked to Andrew while he was driving home. I have row two together in the temperature quilt and have rows one and two pinned together and ready to sew. 

More of the same today. Diane's quilt should be finished after this morning. I hope. I have a customer coming to pick up and drop off around lunch time so I better get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...