Thursday, February 26, 2026

All Three Long Arms

I've used all three long arms in a day before. But usually one or more of them is just turned on to baste in a quilt or finish a small section. Yesterday, I actually did work on all three machines and not just little fiddly stuff. I was in heaven!

I realized I hadn't posted any quilting going into Diane's leaf quilt so he's a small glimpse...

Flannels show the quilting so nicely
I worked on hers in the morning. Virginia's Stars and Shadows was worked all afternoon. Here are the two borders which always take the longest to get in...

Not my choice for the black outer
I'm following the quilting pattern received with the piecing pattern and would have probably did something different in the red border and feathered the black border. The red border is going to be next to some other feathers in the gray blocks and I feel like it's going to compete. When I do my own Stars and Shadows (yes it's done, and yes it's in my own personal queue) I'll change the red border. But the customer wanted it like the picture and I do what the customer wants.

I jumped right onto DW from Marty. I don't normally do that because DW is so much heavier and I have to desensitize myself from the easier-to-push-around machine. But I had numbers to get into the corners (which I messed up) and had some ditching to do before starting on yesterdays motif. 

I forgot to mention yesterday, also, that I did nine houses on the temperature quilt the prior day. Why nine? Each row is going to consist of 19 houses. I had 10 already made so did another nine to give me a full row. I did ten more last night. 

I also did one caddy, one scrappy goodness block, and then I got a bug up my behind and decided I needed to put a tree between each of the houses after their month on the temperature quilt and had to work through my own "creation" on a tree. 

Two trees finally got me worked through where I need to go with those. They are all going to be pretty much the same because this quilt is pretty simple as it is and I want a constant in there between each month. 

More work on all three machines today. Pretty much the same as yesterday; Bernie in the morning, Marty in the afternoon, and DW at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...