I played so much in the studio yesterday. First on DW. Then a small project I've been wanting to tackle. And then a new quilt top.
Let's start with DW. Here's the deal. I'm participating in a quilt-along using 2" strips (from 2 1/2" jelly rolls) lasting 99 days. It's the Natalia Bonner 99 designs in 99 days quilt-along. She started on February 1st. Yesterday was my first day actually doing some quilting. Here are days 1, 3, 5, and 7.
 |
| Odd days through day seven |
Here are days 2,4, and 6.
 |
| Even days |
If you look, I'm labeling each strip so customers can come over and select what they want in their quilt easily enough.
After working on DW through most of the day I wanted to start something small. I made one of these to hang on the stove.
 |
| A new towel |
That didn't amuse me nearly long enough. I did do a fireworks block and that too didn't entertain me long enough. I only have another two weeks on those blocks before starting to get them into a quilt top. So, I started a new quilt top.
 |
| Bought this in Shipshewana |
Here are the materials I'm using for said pattern...
 |
| Not a great representation |
I purchased all these supplies in Shipshewana also. I'll take better pictures as I'm working through these.
Today started with haircuts, phone calls with the kids in Germany and now in Ohio and we are going to just relax this afternoon and watch some Olympics, movies, and do some knitting. I need to catch up on snuggles with the dogs because I've not had much time to do so lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment