Wednesday, February 25, 2026

Getting Back to Normal

After a couple of days' worth of visitors, long phone calls, and outside appointments, getting back to a normal routine is very welcoming. Although, I do enjoy the jaunt outside of normalcy, because let's face it, I'm anything but normal. 

After my customer left yesterday morning (over an hour later), I was able to get some quilting done in Diane's leaf quilt. I was also able to get this quilt loaded onto Marty to work along with Diane's leaves...

Virginia's Stars and Shadows
Virginia and I bought these kits at the same time two or three years ago at Yoders in Shipshewana. We bought them specifically for the quilting that went into them and not so much the pattern itself. 

Then lunch. We were just finishing eating and here's my mom.

While she was here, Caleb and Lia (and little Evelyn) called from Germany (a happy coincidence) and spent more than an hour on the phone via FaceTime with them. Mom had only seen pics of her great granddaughter and was enjoying the chat with the kids. I let them go as long as possible because these situations are rare in our family. 

It was nearly 'quitting' time when mom finally left. I did jump onto Bernie for a while after her departure, but not before doing my daily strip on DW. I got some of the border in Virginia's quilt marked out and I also made one caddy, one block in the scrappy quilt, and made and then constructed the blocks for Rita's first column. 

I love busy days like the past two but getting back into a normal work day is also a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On a Whim

The morning started out with the Temperature blocks and then I had to make a prototype of a notebook cover to see if I liked the pattern I...