Wednesday, February 11, 2026

Not Boozey

Jim and I don't drink. At all. We see what it does to family members. And friends. And, honestly, what a complete waste of money. Don't get me wrong, we had our days of partying from our early 20's through 30's. And, then we got wise. And poor. It was draining our household finances taking away from raising our three boys. Haven't touched a drop in nearly 30 years.

That's why the quilt I'm working for Julie is tough. Crown Royal. Whiskey. The hard stuff. Our neighbor LOVES Crown Royal as does this customer I'm working for right now. But, as I'm quilting this piece, I wonder how much money was literally poured out into getting these bags to use in the quilt. I'm not judgmental. Just having a harder time with this one.

Here's most of the quilting going into it...

Using matching threads
I'm past the half-way point and don't know if I'll get this done today or not. I'm planning on working as long as my hand/feet will play nice.

I did a Fireworks block and a scrappy block yesterday and I did my daily strip long arming for the 99 days project. I was done earlier than usual so started pulling things from my stash to see what other kind of 'trouble' I could get into out there. 

I have plenty of projects I would like to work, but I need background fabrics for every one of them. I need to just buy a bolt of white fabric. That's what I'm lacking and ALL of the patterns called for it. Not to mention I'm going to need more for the state-by-state project being worked through AQS. 

One customer expected today and I hope she drives safe. The snow started this morning and is starting to get a bit heavier although nothing treacherous yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...