Friday, February 13, 2026

Is the 13th Lucky For You?

Friday the 13th. One of those days I'm glad I no longer work OB at the hospital. Births on this day, full moons, and storms seem to bring in laboring mothers. Odd isn't it? But the 13th has always been lucky for Jim and I. We were married on the 13th and we put our offer in on this house on the 13th. Hopefully today will be a lucky day in the studio. 

Here are a few pics of the quilt being worked on Marty...



Not much to see is there? It's because batiks are so busy and are hard to see when quilted. This quilt will have a lot of texture because of the Dream Puff batting, but that's about all. Every other block is getting some free motion in the center and the offset blocks are getting something linear. The outside of the block is alternating between linear lines and wishbone quilting. 

New Mexico
Despite my reservations about using templates in this weeks AQS block, it turned out okay. Not great, but passable. Although, I don't generally pull threads unless it's a blatant positioning mistake; I can fix inaccurate piecing on the long arm. 

I also did a Fireworks block but did not do a scrappy block or my strip on DW. 

I had time and the energy to do my strip, but Natalia (the host) messed up and duplicated day 12 with day two. She suggested waiting until later on in the process. She has some bonus strips after the 99 are done and I'll park one of those into slot 12 when we get to that point. 

I'll be working on the quilt above this morning until I can get the backing finished (frame ironing) for Ila's second quilt. She mentioned it on the phone yesterday morning and I guess I didn't realize she had a second one in queue. 

Meaning, the one on Marty will be parked for a few days while I work on hers, which is fine. If I can make it easier on customers not having to make multiple trips up/down here I'll do what I can to accommodate them. 

Have you ever heard of Shapermint? I have a job where I have to be pretty flexible. I bend, stretch, squat, reach, contort, and of course there's some dancing in there. My old bras were becoming pretty tired and riding up in places they should not ride. Jim purchased me two tanks for Valentines Day and I gotta tell ya. game changer! I'm mentioning this because they are that much better than the old, tired, traditional bra already and I'm not going to have to constantly readjust myself throughout my day. Check 'em out if you have never heard of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...