Saturday, February 21, 2026

A Productive Friday

Friday's are usually very unproductive for me. I have a tendency to dally and customers usually come by to drop off or pick up on their way to/from Pieces of Thyme. None of that happened yesterday. Probably because it felt like a Monday with the weather doing what it was.

I was able to finish the quilt on Marty and moved over to start working on this one on Bernie...

Diane's Flannel Leaves
This one will be worked on Monday and possibly Tuesday as well depending on what I decide to put into the background. I am echo quilting around each leaf, and I hope to do the same inside of each leaf before putting veins in.

After shutting down the two customer long arms, I moved over to DW to do my strip for the day. That sounded funny...my strip for the day. 😆

I did a Fireworks block and then started right in on the caddy work. The backgrounds had to have a center line marked...

Center markings. Done.

Now that the pockets are matched, they needed to be ironed in half and their centers needed to be marked as well. Done.

The pockets have to be placed on the background piece with centers aligned, and then the pockets have to be measured to be about 1 1/2 apart from one another. Pin or clip in place to sew down. 

Getting ready to sew
This step isn't going to be a quickie one like the previous two. Each caddy will have individualized attention to ensure correct placement and alignment before sewing. Jim and I selected a medium/light purple to use for sewing these down as I AM NOT going to change out top threads for every pocket. 

And that's what I'll be working on today. I was supposed to head downstate for a funeral. But, we have snow going on up here and the decks are very slippery. The kids are not going to be home now (they have other plans) and I'll order needles from Gall on-line and Barb isn't going to miss me if I miss her funeral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...