Thursday, May 21, 2026

Added Touches

When I work a quilt I add special touches to them. It's things you find later after you get it home and start using it. It makes the project special. We added these rocks to the side of the stairs and wow, look at the difference. This is what was worked on yesterday afternoon and evening. 

Adding the rocks Jim picked up yesterday
It's nothing earth shattering but it's a small touch and makes the stairs more appealing and cohesive with the environment it sits in/on (there's a rock pile just north of the stairs hiding our inhospitable soil that won't grow anything). 

I like adding those special touches to things. It shows you care and are actually invested in the project as well as the outcome.

Here's some special touches I'm putting into Gails quilt...

Bees and bugs flitting around the quilt
I'll be finishing this quilt today and moving over to a t-shirt quilt that has a quick deadline pushing quilts (again). BUT, Jim and I have to get the garden and annuals in this weekend and we don't want to fight with the Memorial Day crowds. We are going to run and grab those later this afternoon. 

Talking to Caleb right now and then off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...