Sunday, May 24, 2026

Playing Saturday

I spent the first half of the day working on the strip quilt on DW. I still have the background fill to do on the last roll or so, but here's the last 12 strips...

The odds

The evens
And remember #12 earlier on in this venture where it was a duplicate and I needed to put something else in there? This is what I made up (kind of)...

And the missing #12
Once I was finished doing the strip work, my desire to long arm had waned and so moved on to the cowboy boots. 

I got all the motifs/pieces traced onto fusible (sure hope this new one I'm trying isn't as stiff as the Heat and Bond Lite I usually use)...

DW is assisting in keeping things organized
The boot heels are all black so I fused and then cut those out to set aside for today. 

From there I needed to bond and cut out the main boot part...

Ready to pair
The backgrounds needed to be pressed and cut out next which I did before calling it a night.

Today I'm going to pair the boots with their backgrounds and get at least the boot body and heel parts together on the background. I would LOVE to get the motifs matched with each boot and have them fused so that during movie time today I can work on cutting those out. 

Until DW is cleared of all his 'paperwork' I can't finish the strip quilt so I guess I should get a move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...