Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Zoning Out

Have you ever driven someplace and when you got there didn't really remember the trip because you were zoning out? I haven't been sleeping worth a poop lately and yesterday was one of those zoning out days. Needless to say, I did a lot of frogging when I realized I wasn't paying attention.

Can I take a day and just sleep please? 

No. I have too many deadlines and unfortunately, naps are not something I can usually do. I can't say I've never napped but it's very unusual for me. I feel worse when I get up from a nap and then I definitely won't sleep that night.

But I'm so damn tired. All. The. Time. 

Soapbox empty. Moving on. Today is the Pieces of Thyme annual sidewalk sale kick off. VIP's are personally invited tonight and then tomorrow it's open to the public. I'll be going tonight. 😀

The Cats in a Row quilt is done for Joyce and I'll be unloading and trimming this morning. Once all the non-quilting stuff is finished, I'll be loading and starting this...

Sitting in wait to be loaded
Floral Felicity. A HUGE eight-day project because it's a huge quilt and I have a lot of marking to do during the quilting process.

I got another call from a new customer wanting me to do some custom quilting. I referred her to Jen down at Gall Sewing in Lansing. I then called Sarah at River Acres Sewing across town to see if she did custom. She called me back later and no, she only does E2E mostly. There aren't many of us hand-guided custom quilters around. Only digital and E2E. Huh?

After working late last night, I was able to get the two remaining puppies cut out and have that pattern all packed up and ready to head to retreat. I have to pack up the Pineapples because they are going as well and that's about all I'm taking for the three days I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...