Tuesday, May 19, 2026

After Day 2

One or two more sections to go and the stairs will be complete. They are supposed to be here early this morning, but haven't shown yet. Apparently 8:00 means something else to people. 

Almost there
The neighbors are getting their barn cemented today so that'll be another racket going on in the neighborhood. But it didn't start there. We had the mosquito sprayer in our driveway this morning at 1:21. Yep, you heard that right. At 1:21 the Ring fired off and then the dogs were right behind the Ring. WTH?

The reason the stairs didn't get finished was because of some nasty weather we had coming in. And, shortly after the guys left the storm hit. Because Mother Nature decided on her own agenda I was not able to get the Floral Felicity finished. I have a few blocks and the borders to work this morning but it should be done by lunch.

I'll be moving over to this quilt after lunch...

Gails sunny sunflowers
While the storm was blowing through I did get a block done in the Love Letters top so at least I was able to do something. Nothing on the strip quilt though. 

After the storm pushed through I worked until after 6:30 last night and was too tired to do anything else. Why does the warm (mid-80's with high humidity) zap the energy out of ya? We're cold weather people; maybe that's why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...