Saturday, May 23, 2026

How Much Time?

When I work one block for a total of 50 minutes, is that too much time to spend on it? 

Almost an hour
Take this block above for instance. By the time I inlined all the letters, the motif around the letters and then put the TV ariel back fill in it I checked the clock and couldn't believe how much time I spent. And, the kicker about all of that is that it hardly shows. 

Now this shows...

This is the sashing/border going in and around the quilt. While this does take some time at least it shows somewhat. 

I wish this one showed a little more, but if you look, the t-shirt is called city shaper and I put a little city in and around the motif in the middle. 

The other two blocks in this row have static electricity waves and I did some McTavishing. After working through the customer stuff yesterday I did a block in the Love Letters to give my arm a reset before getting on DW.

I did only two strips yesterday. I had to introduce some more batting (my cut was short) and had to number the remaining 10 strips yet to go as well as baste in through the bottom. I have some bunching going on in the left side (???) but with a complete strip quilt I guess I should have expected it. 

After working on DW for a while, I thought about what I want to to work on this weekend and decided to get started back in on the Cowboy Boots. I have traced all the boots and soles and will continue on with the other motifs today. Jim is at a Smallwood Lake Association meeting this morning. I choose to abstain as I get pretty worked up at all the ridiculous questions and comments people who don't live here make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...