Tuesday, May 5, 2026

Getting In The Groove

Often times it takes me a few blocks, or even rows, to find my groove in a quilt. I'll start by getting in a few blocks and figure out where I can save time or break thread less as I move throughout the piece. This one took me about a row and a block to get my groove on. Now things are moving much quicker.

Don't know if you can see much but here's some of the quilting going into Joyces cats...


Each cat body is being quilted differently and I'm having to pull my resources to find motifs that a)Fit the fabric within the cat, and b)Work together with previous motifs surrounding that cat. I don't want to have three cats in a row with some type of clamshell design in them nor do I want all linear designs together. And, they all have thread changes. This will probably not be done today.

After working on the cats for the day, the fabric selection/cutting needed to happen for the puppy top going to retreat Thursday night. I have two more to cut for tonight and then I can start packing to head to Chesaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...