Thursday, May 14, 2026

Heading to East Lansing

We have about four stops to make today. Gall Sewing and Vac in East Lansing to test and pick up DW (if he behaves). The B's to drop off some food items. Groceries in Alma. Fabric (wide back for Virginias skinned quilt) in Beaverton. Yep, that's four.

No customers yesterday and I made great headway on the Floral Felicity. After long arming I started prepping the fabric for the wedge cuts in the Love Letters by Bright Days. I misnamed it yesterday. I thought it was Bright Days pattern, but it's actually Love Letters.

Jim was mapping out the placement of each individual wedge (all 280 of them) while I was starting to cut...

The first 19 (of 37)
All mapped
Before I got the second column cut he was done mapping for me. Isn't it great to have a supportive partner!

I'm going to be putting this together by block. She gave a suggestion about chain piecing everything, but it didn't make sense to me and I'm so afraid I'd get things mixed up. However, the pattern writer said things could be rearranged, but I like it just as the picture shows so I'm sticking with that. 

Well, off we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...