Friday, May 22, 2026

Flood-iversary

This is the week, six years ago, when our lake flooded. And the next day, emptied. It's been lower than legal lake levels since that fated day on May 19, 2020. 

Memorial Day weekend is to remember those fallen for our country, but I'm going to add to it (since I am a veteran and recognize the significance of the holiday) and remember that awful day when our dream of living on a lake was whisked away right before our very eyes.

While progress is being made on our dam, we are yet again, a summer without a viable lake to enjoy our "golden" years on. I'll remember the first two summers we had to enjoy it and be thankful no lives were lost in the berm failure downstream. 

Gails Sunflower quilt was finished yesterday morning. Once all the housekeeping chores were done to it, I moved over to this one...

Evelyns grandsons grad quilt
Here are a few of the blocks I've gotten in so far...


After working yesterday afternoon, Jim and I headed to the greenhouses to get our summer plants. He needed garden veggies and I needed a few flowers. We had a freeze warning for last night so they are still hanging out in the truck. Planting will take place after working today.

Once we returned from the green house I was still in a quilt-y mood and started working on a few strips on DW...

The 'evens' side

The 'odds'
It's a good thing Andrew called while I was working on those floating squares. They took forever and I would have lost patience with them. After long arming for a while I finished the third row in section A of the Love Letters top. Forgot to grab a pic though. 

More on the t-shirt quilt today on Marty. I have so many projects I want to play with during the holiday weekend, that while I'm working today I'm hoping to get them organized in my head. I do know that I want to finish the strip quilt on DW for sure, but the rest is kind of fuzzy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...