Wednesday, May 13, 2026

Projects

The neighbors to our south had their barn erected over the last week. I don't know if it's entirely done, but it's a new structure. We are getting a new set of stairs going down to the lake. This is our current going-to-the-lake situation...

Not real safe
The trees you see to the left are Oaks. They leave acorn caps all over the yard and are very ouchy when trying to get down to the water. We have it staked and the lumber (seen at the top of the hill) ready for Joe to start probably tomorrow.

In my construction world, I'm still working on the Floral Felicity on Marty. Remember, this is an eight-day  project on the long arm. I'm just past the half-way point. In other projects, I've saved the Pineapples for retreat work and have started something new on the sewing machine.

Remember this?

Jim picked this up for me at Seven Sisters in Carson City a few months ago. I read through the directions now twice (which I never do) but it's a different type of quilt than I normally construct. The suggestion was to make a test block first...

A test block
Since I figured that out pretty well, I was confident I could move forward. I cut all the quad and arcs out last night and I'll work on the wedges later this afternoon after I get done with long arming for the day...

The dark at the top is actually a very dark green
No customers expected today. Jim has finished skinning Virginias quilt meaning we need to get to Pieces tomorrow to see if we can find a replacement wide back. The deck on our back door needs to be replaced to he'll be working on his material list for that. 

We also have to head to East Lansing to pick up DW. They think they have figured out his issue and I'm going to spend a good amount of time on him to see how he behaves. Hopefully he'll be able to come back home with us. Afterwards, and on our way home, we'll pick up the lumber for the back deck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...