Thursday, June 17, 2021

By the Hair of My Teeth

This particular quilt I'm working on for Jodi is fun! Look at the quilting she wanted me to put into it for her...

Utilizing the fabric detail as quilting inspiration
But, had a little bit of a batting problem once the top was basted in and was ready to start...

See the fusible tape I'm having to use to extend the batt out with?

And, the backing is extremely NOT square so I'm playing backing roulette too. I think (I'm hoping) it will JUST work out correctly. 

After long arming for a bit yesterday (was in the yard ALL morning and part of the afternoon yesterday), I dug into more Town and Country blocks. 

Block #'s 346-348: Grain Sacks, Barn, and Tractor 4
Today, minus the yard work, will be much of the same as yesterday: Long arming Jodi's quilt this morning and finishing that up. Loading another top for the weekend, and either stitching or prepping more Town and Country blocks. 

I started looking ahead to the last round on the Town and Country piece. It's going to be interesting to try to blanket stitch four 4 1/2" x 84" sections with pieces running all over. Most of the pieces are larger in scale and are gently sloping, but some of the hills have trees and other things on them, which are smaller pieces to deal with; meaning a lot of turning and maneuvering this under the machine. And...that will probably be about next week. 

And I just had another thought about the last borders: I'm going to have to be darn accurate when getting that batting underneath that long strip or there will be some interesting issues occurring. Yay! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...