Thursday, June 24, 2021

Directions

The pattern: $59.95

The number of pages in said pattern: 207

The directions to do the last set of borders: Half a Page and extremely ambiguous 

I re-read the directions a number of times thinking that certainly 37 more appliqué pieces wouldn't be that big of a deal. What the pattern designer failed to mention is that the border would require these 37 pieces EACH...for a total of another 148 pieces. UGH!

Here are the corner pieces all stitched out...

Block #'s 362-365: Corner Tree(s) and Corner Cottage
Here are the two borders I did manage to get prepped before calling it a night at 9:00...
Two Borders Prepped

Today I have to work on the sit-down quilt for my customer and I'll load another customer quilt onto the frame. Then, on to more border work since these take a LONG time to get together (about two hours each). It'll be fun trying to get the blanket stitching into these since I'll be working with 78" strips (trying to remain optimistic about it). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thread Changes

A lot of long armers out there won't change threads. You pick one (or they will for you) and that's the color thread you get through...