Saturday, June 12, 2021

Texture

This is the back of one of my customer quilts from yesterday. No, this is not the computer doing this quilting. This was me doing all free motion. Minke, the backing fabric, always shows so much texture after it's quilted. I'd almost like to do a two-sided Minke quilt because the stuff is so snuggly. 

Texture in the Minke
Customers were here most of the day yesterday. I was only able to get one row completed in Marilyn's top and then I was off and running to a nail appointment. 

I did manage to get some Town and Country time in because we had a couple of thunderstorms go through (giving us about 3/4" of rain finally). I don't even turn the long arm on when we have thunderstorms nearby. 

#'s 332-336 Tractor 3, Hay Bales, Farm House, Sheep, and Barrel of Apples
I'm not sure where I'm headed in here today. I should probably stay on task with the Town and Country blocks all day. I'm getting so close (less than 40) and knocking out five or six at at time brings those numbers down fast. Jim is putting up our strawberry jam this weekend so he'll not care what I work on in here. 

And, as much fun as I'm having with these blocks, I'm ready to start something else from the WIP tote and get things moving along. How many months have I been on these already? Three I think. Yep, time to start something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...