Thursday, October 7, 2021

Bug Guy Be Damned

Our Orkin guy was supposed to be here between 12-2 yesterday. It was 3:30 when he showed up. Despite my having to pace the house and anticipate his arrival, I was able to be somewhat productive. 

Avis' quilt

Yes, quilt. It was already quilted once and it's halfway bound. She pulled the previous quilting stitches out (it wasn't me who did the first quilting BTW), and was referred to me to try to salvage this piece.

This is all I had to work with all around; no extra anything to pin/clamp to

Sewing on a temporary leader to both the top and bottom
Once the temporary leaders were sewn on I was able to load and then pin temporary leaders onto the sides. This took most of the morning. I did manage to get a pass done before lunch and so far the tension seems pretty good.

Because the bug man hadn't shown up even after eating my lunch, I knew that if I turned on DW he'd be here. People don't realize that once we get into our zen place, interrupting us is kind of a pain. I thought I would start pulling fabrics for the Color Outside the Lines pattern instead of trying to long arm.

This is where I left off last night. 

Making progress
I was really enjoying the process of making this piece. Measuring, cutting, piecing, paper piecing, ironing...I didn't get bored during the whole time I was working. 

Today I'll finish Avis' quilt and get another one loaded (if all goes well). I'll work some more on the Color piece and the neighbors are supposed to be up later so working late may not happen. Then again, it's supposed to rain all evening, so having a campfire may not happen either. It's a crap shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...