Saturday, October 30, 2021

Happy Game Day!

Here in Michigan there is a HUGE college football rival: Michigan State University (MSU) versus the University of Michigan (UofM). MSU's colors are green and white. UofM's colors are Maize and Blue. We bleed green heavily in this family because all the boys graduated there as well as all three of their wives. And...Jim used to work there.

Go Green! Go White!

Here is our fall pumpkin ready for Halloween tomorrow decked out in the MSU green and white. 

There is a lot of superstition in this family about game day (and I won't go into all the detail here), but one of the situations is my watching the game. Either I have to watch the whole thing (and I mean start to finish without any interruptions) or I don't watch it at all. I'll be long arming during the game. I can't sit there for three or more hours doing nothing but watching the television.

Here are the threads going into Lois' second top... 

Picking threads is fun
I received my Angela Walters panel and borders yesterday, and the prior day the thread arrived. I don't know how much I'm going to be able to participate in this quilt-along because the week it's happening is the week mom is having hip surgery. 

After working on the long arm for what felt like all day, I made two more pineapple blocks while Jim was out working on the toy box. Here's the seven I have made so far...

Seven Pineapples in a line

And of course, last night while building them, I couldn't help thinking about how they would be quilted. 

I think I need to run over to Pieces this morning to get some white for the unicorn pattern I just bought on Tuesday. I won't be starting them any time soon, but would like to have it handy for when I do dig into them. And it's always nice to go over and visit with the girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...