Wednesday, October 27, 2021

On The Road Again

Jim's last check up yesterday went extremely well. All is good with his ankle and he's healed fully. Our last "have to" trip to Grand Rapids for a while.

Because we were in the truck most of the day, I needed to do something (anything) when I got home. While we were headed to GR we stopped at Seven Sisters Quilt Shop in Carson City and I purchased a ruler I needed for a pattern that had been hanging around here for a while, some new patterns, and some other odds and ends needed.

When I got home I started pulling fabrics for the first pattern...not enough white. Looked at the second pattern...no legal-sized paper to put through the printer to make the foundations (although Katie came up with a solution for this). Looked for (and looked and looked) the pattern for the ruler I purchased. Nothing. Can't find it. 

But good news. The ruler maker (Creative Grids) had a QR code to watch on how to use the thing and I'll just make up my own quilt top using the instructions. 

Yeah QR Codes!
Here's my first test block...
The first block

I love pineapple blocks and haven't ever made a full pineapple top, so I'll chip away at these blocks over the next couple of weeks using all the schnibbles and scraps and dresser pieces I have around the place.

Long arming today to finish up Terri's quilt (I'm playing thread chicken with it though so I may not make it). I have a customer coming later on and Hazel is at the groomers this morning getting all pretty. I'll have to fetch her later on as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...