Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Trunk Show and Quilt of Valor

The trunk show at the Quirky Quilters Quilt Guild went very well. Thank you to my husband for all his help, my mom for cataloging the quilts as we were pulling them, Linda from Pieces of Thyme for helping to handle them after showing them, and Linda and Susan both from Pieces of Thyme for coming to the Quilt of Valor presentation.

I've only ever had one quilt made for me and that was by my grandmother (I still have it) a very long time ago. This was the quilt I was presented with last night...

My quilt and the certificate to go with it
Another huge thank you to Paulette (seen on the left) for making this quilt for me!

It was a HUGE surprise to be awarded this honor. You don't just get one willy nilly. You have to have served in the armed forces and have been nominated to receive it. I will cherish this quilt for as long as I live, and since Caleb is the only one in the family to have served in the military, it will get handed down to him when I'm gone. 

This quilt guild is about an hour and half from the house, but it was an absolutely beautiful drive along the shores of Lake Huron and worth every minute we spent with these wonderful women (and Jim). I am still looking for a quilt guild to join and I think I just found it! I won't be able to head there in the winter, but that's really only four months out of the year. They sew during the day and then have their meeting at night. Which is perfect!

I received four tops last night to quilt and another customer dropped off this morning. I have to write work orders up on all of these and do a little cupboard rearranging before I can get on the long arm. Bet get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...