Thursday, October 14, 2021

Happy 57th to Me

When I was a kid I remember thinking that people in their 50's were old. I mean nearing the end old. I don't feel much different than I did in my 30's except for a few more aches and the need to be cautious in my surroundings. 

I had to decide whether to actually "work" today or play in here on something I've wanted to make for a while. Except, there's too many things that I actually want to work and not enough time in the day to do that. I still don't know what I'm going to do.

Penny's quilt is completed on the long arm but not without a few hitches. I was playing bobbin chicken and lost. Had to restart within her quilting plan, except, the new PS update does not allow you to designate a new start spot when telling the machine to stop. After almost and hour and having to line it up twice (because the first time it wanted to ghost stitch), I was back in business. Here's what was put into her quilt...

The quilting plan

Where the cross hairs are on the pic is where my failure at bobbin estimating occurred.

For the pencil top I worked on the extra border and may just end up working that in here today. Here's where I left off last night...

This will make it a little bigger

If this doesn't make it big enough when I get done, I may have to make some piano keys for even more of a stretch. I've yet to file the fabrics away that were used so I'll see where this takes me after today. 

So, a happy 57th birthday to me with a rainy day to work inside; just what this quilter ordered. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...