Friday, March 4, 2022

New Things

New projects can be both exciting a little scary at the same time. Will I have enough fabric, thread, knowledge, etc.? Questions we all ask at some point. 

I don't have anything to piece right now since I completed my Cotton Cuts BOM last night. There is something I've wanted to do for some time now and I think this may be the right time to tackle another 365-type of project.

I worked on graph paper last night, did some calculations (math...eeek!), and did some coloring. I think I have the "rough" idea of where I need to go and will share as the project progresses. It's a self design, a needed skill enhancement, and a way to enjoy the studio at night after working all day on customer quilts.

Speaking of which, Debs quilt is done! Here's what's on the frame this morning...

Sally's wonderful star top
This is going to get a large swirl edge to edge in most of it. I'm going to do some echoing in the middle-most star but she didn't want a lot of custom and this is what she has instructed me to do. 

Now that I have an idea of what to do in my after hours, I need supplies to work on it. First, fabric! This is going to be a darker pallet of fabrics because the thread going into it will all be very light. During lunch I'll do some more calculating to see what I'm going to need and then I think a trip over to Pieces will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...