Thursday, March 24, 2022

The Lake Is Up!

Unfortunately, it's only temporary because the dams are still wide open. Here's what's really weird. The lake is only up about five feet. It's looking kinda scary (reminders of two years ago), but the reality is that the lake, when it does come up, needs to come up 18 feet. Not just five. We've adjusted to it being down like it is for almost two years now and when it rises a little bit, I get a little nervous. How am I going to be next year when it comes back to its original levels?  

The puppy is settling well. She and Hazel are still working out sharing issues with a few toys and getting her on a schedule is not as hard as I thought it would be, so that's a plus. 

Back to quilting...

Can you see the quilting?
Sometimes good quilting is quilting you can't see. This is a very (very) busy quilt. I love, love, love all the colors and am a huge fan of Laurel Burch's work. Even though I've never made one of her quilts. And because she puts so much detail into her fabric designs, enhancing her work is the best option within the quilting design.

This is at about the half-way point and if I can get Lucy to settle down for her morning nap I'll continue on  this morning as much as possible. More will get done tonight when Jim gets home from work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...