Thursday, August 3, 2023

Taking Too Long

When I set a quilt up for edge to edge quilting, I figure it won't take longer than a day. Even the bigger ones are generally finished in one day since I prep everything the previous night and start the machine even as I'm blogging (like now). 

But when I have to starch between every roll because borders are waving at me...well, it takes two days to get a quilt done. I have to wait for the starch to dry (shrinking the offending border) before restarting the machine. 

A side view

From the top
Yes, I have to find some way to get these under control. I'm not a magician. I can work wonders, but some waving just isn't solvable with starch. This particular one required a tuck.

At any case, here's what's going into Sandy's quilt...

Love the texture on this sweet colored quilt!
Joanns quilt is still on Bernie, but quilted. I'll get it billed and trimmed this morning while DW is working away. 

Jim did some more work on the [new] studio last night; getting the drainage trunk put in around the footers/foundation. Now to get something over the top of it. And he realized late last night that he ordered the wrong width sill plate boards, so we need to exchange those tonight...or something to make it right. 

Drainage trunk is in. 
Two new quilts will be loaded later today baring any issues with Sandy's last two stitch out rows. I already know I have a bottom border to starch because it's waving like crazy after the roll last night. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...