Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Thought I've Seen It All

When I put a quilt on the frame, and having basted in the top leader, I take measurements at the top, middle and side of the side borders within my quilting distance....about 22 inches. The quilt I'm working on actually went OUT beyond the measurement as the quilt was being rolled. If I would have kept the correct measurement, the center would have bunched up.

But now that I'm getting towards the end, the sides are shrinking back into the original measurement and this is happening at the bottom...

Ummm???????????
It's like the body of the quilt is too small for the borders. I've never had this happen on just one border and I've never had it happen on a quilt that has been meticulously measured throughout the advancing process. It should be an interesting quilting day today to see if I can rectify the situation. Wish me luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...