Sunday, August 20, 2023

[New] Studio Work and Other Things

Yesterday wasn't spent in the current studio, but rather assisting (when needed) on the new studio. None of the machines were turned on. It was a low-keyed but productive day. Jim got the black pipe run through the crawl space.  

Temporary until we get the walls up
We took the heat of the day to jump on mowers/weed whackers until the shade swung around for more new studio work. 

Next up was the insulation around the sill plates on the interior of the crawl space.

It should be warmer then the current studio
Once we got the insulation figured out (that was interesting) we had to move the 25 sheets of plywood out of the garage onto the deck to get them staged for application. 
Ready to disperse where needed

It's supposed to be blazing hot today so we are probably not going to do much out there. And, we have three grandchildren showing up later this afternoon for us to watch all this next week. 

We've already rearranged the living room to cover the dangerous hearth up and I've moved all the quilts waiting to be picked up into the studio so kids can't get near them. The studio doors will be closed so little hands can't touch the two quilts I'm working on. 

The girls knew something was going on this morning (they hate it when we rearrange things in the house). They were laying there waiting for me to reassure them this morning while I was making beds and getting my shower. 

Please let us know everything is okay mommy
Jim is canning salsa this morning and I've been cleaning house. I want to sew something before the kids/grandkids arrive so I may do a few 100 blocks. Or something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...