Sunday, August 6, 2023

[New] Studio Work

All. Day. Long. Thankfully, it wasn't 90 degrees yesterday, but the high 70's/low 80's we had was enough to make it hot with the physical work Jim and I were doing.

We started the day off backfilling (the first round) along the exterior of the block walls. After a late, and long lunch, we headed back out to start the gasket/sill plate placement.

The anchors had to be lined up correctly so holding and measuring correctly were very important. Once we got those attached we had to finish the backfilling areas that had already settled and a section we hadn't finished (we were getting hungry). Here's the result of all our work yesterday...

From the west end 

From the east end
Here's the kicker about all of this. Thousands of dollars spent so far and this is an area that will be completely unused and a total waste of space. But, I'm reminded, a house (or in this case, an addition) doesn't hold up unless you have a strong foundation. I guess that applies to life as well. 

My small project today is running to the store to get pickling spices and sugar for Jim to put up his spicy sweets and once we get back, I hope to be working some 100 blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...