Thursday, August 17, 2023

More Trade Tools

There are a few little tools I've had on my wish list for the studio and I was able to pick every one of them up yesterday. 

Some new tools
Bar magnets for the belly bar to keep my new protruding belly from sliding the quilt tops in directions I don't want them to go. A measuring gauge and shorter fabric tape measure are just things I didn't have. A seam gauge (still trying to perfect that 1/4") and a new pattern by Lori Holt called Bee Happy. I still have a lot of reproductions in the studio and it's hopefully going to use most of those up. 

Some of the other items I was able to get while out and about with mom was the vanity, top, and faucet for the new studio bathroom. I checked on ordering the entry door, but didn't want to spend the coin right now on something we wouldn't be needing for quite some time.

I hear rumbles of thunder off in the distance. We knew storms were coming so I did the annual put-the-houseplants-outisde-to-be-washed thing this morning. 

Looks like a giant salad bowl
Until the threat of lightning passes, I'm off the long arm machines, but I did get Debbies pillow shams (covers?) done last night after the all-day shopping extravaganza. 

 While the storm is hanging around I'm frame ironing the backing for the next quilt up on DW and there's always (too often) administrative work I need to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...