Thursday, August 10, 2023

Ideas

A light bulb went on in my head very early this morning and the longer I think about it, the more I want to do it. I'm going to construct a dresden blade, make a template out of it, and then use that to insert a faux (long armers call it ghost stitching) Dresden flower similar to the ones in the Flea Market quilt for each corner in the border. Here's what's on DW for the weekend... 

Debbie S.'s Flea Market
While I was frame ironing the backing for this quilt I started working on the Witches. Here are a few of the blocks...

Pebbles and continuous curves

Curved straight lines and X's

More straight lines and some wish bones
I didn't get a long day in the studio because we had lawn stuff to work on. And, between charges on my week whacker, I was once again, hauling dirt to backfill/make a slope away from the building. This dirt thing will be ongoing as the dirt settles. 

We have Jims nephew and his girlfriend coming tonight to spend the night on their way to Traverse City. We think the B's are coming up tomorrow to spend a work weekend on the new studio. I better enjoy today because I don't think I'll be quilting much over the next few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...