Friday, January 16, 2026

Back Home Again

The time has come to return back to a normal schedule. What an absolutely fun and laughter filled retreat we had. There were tears, in-depth discussions, information, advice, and so much laughing. Oh the laughter. I cherish the annual time with some of these ladies I won't see again until next year. 

But alas, all good things must come to an end. However, in my case, goodness continues as I get to spend the day with the big guy(s) (man and machine) who I missed terribly. Especially yesterday while I was fighting with some borders. More on that in a bit. 

Here is what I put together the first three days...

The body is complete
Yesterday I had every intention of getting this completely finished. The table and room situation had other ideas and I only got the first border on. While attempting the second border I was becoming frustrated, I messed one of them up and decided to work on it here where the thing wasn't sliding off the slippery, plastic table while trying to pin or sew. Quilting should be fun; not frustrating.

With the left over second border pieces, I made a quick Easter table runner...

Just enough for the bar during the Easter holiday
And after that was finished, I had to find something else to do. As luck would have it, I was the next name called in the raffle and there was a pillow case kit still available as a prize, so selected that to make in the time I had left with the group.

My last project for this retreat
I always leave while everybody is at dinner. I get too choked up saying good-bye and just like to sneak out before having to endure all the tears and depression. It's still sad to leave the parking lot, but it's easier without trying to drive through watery eyes. 

Until next year...

Today I'll be on Bernie continuing on with the Tilda Girls for Carla. I'll enjoy the music and hum of the machine as I do each day I'm working while watching a new light snow out the windows of the beautiful place where I create. Jim is working in the downstairs bathroom and it'll be wonderful to be able to see him all day long as I miss him terribly when I'm away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...