Aside from our new grand daughter entering the world, I've tried something new piecing-wise (the Luminary) and I wasn't all jazzed about the process. $15 wasted on a pattern that didn't bring me joy. I googled scrap/striped quilts yesterday and ran across this pattern...
It's not as pretty in black and white (I opted to not print in color), but stunning when completed.
 |
| The pattern cover |
The pattern was relatively inexpensive, and it's a scrap buster for sure. I'm choosing to do mine in red, white, and blues, although, will probably make another once I figure out and feel comfortable for the way I'm putting it together.
 |
| Some initial pulls |
I've only ever done one block using freezer paper in the FPP method. I'm a very avid FPP-er and have even taken classes (Judy Niemeyer) to solidify my love for the craft. However, burning through needles using paper, which dulls them, and removing all the papers, which is another step and hassle, wasn't the best part of it.
Social media kept pointing me towards using freezer paper. I printed out all the blocks (37 of them) and then transferred what was printed onto freezer paper using good old fashioned pen and ruler. I watched a few videos on how to do this as it has been a while since trying it last.
The results are much more satisfying and here's the first block...
 |
| A win! |
I've already started my second block because I think I'm hooked. I love working on this (unlike the luminary blocks) and was excited to get into the studio today to work on more. It looks like a simple string block, but if you look at the pattern, it's much more than that.
Here's today's Evelyn picture from Germany...
 |
| Isn't she just the cutest? |
She definitely has her daddy's nose but looks a lot like a miniature Lia (her mom).
No comments:
Post a Comment