Saturday, January 10, 2026

Boat Rescue

Upon being woken up by my mother texting me (she's feeling better) to let me know she's awake and headed up north today, and Jim showing me what was happening down at the lake upon my decent from the loft, it's already been a morning. The neighbors aluminum boat was nearly submerged due to the lake rising so much so quickly with the rain/thunderstorms the previous night...

The boat is at about 8:00 from our floating dock
We hopefully got it up high enough to avoid any further issues until later this spring.

On to quitting things. This is what was worked on yesterday...

Tilda Girls
This top has been done here before so it's not new to me, but what's going in it is. Doing each duplicate quilt a little differently gives the quilt it its own personality. Here's a little detail of what I've started on this...

Adding a 1/4" echo around the motifs and starting to get in motif detail
Just had a customer text and want to come today to pick up her quilt. Isn't it Saturday? I'm letting her though because we've had it for a while and it needs to get back to its rightful owner. And I'll be working on Bernie until lunch. 

After lunch I need to continue cutting out for retreat. I've got a whole afternoon/evenings worth of cutting yet to do and then, IF I have the time, I'll start cutting for another. But honestly, I'm not too worried about it. I have two projects to work and AWAT should actually entertain me for the whole five days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...