Tuesday, January 27, 2026

Okay, Please Stop

I've had to unfollow a few Instagram quilting acquaintances recently. First, I don't talk, listen to, watch, read, or get involved with politics. I think our WHOLE government system is broken and pointing a finger at one individual gets old. I can't fix it. You can't fix it. Even as a group (because plenty have tried) can't fix it. I'm at the age where I just want to enjoy my life and live each day like it's my last. Getting my blood pressure up on something I have no control over isn't worth the days I have left on the Earth. 

Let's think about our founding fathers. They, with their bullying, desecrated millions of Indians because they thought they were far superior. Sound familiar? How are we to blame the current situation on anybody but them? It's a vicious cycle that won't be fixed in my lifetime. Unfortunately. 

On to more positive things. I have finished the wall hanging for Cindy S. and have moved onto this quilt on Marty...

A lovely sampler

This is all hand appliquéd and this is a very large quilt. It'll be on the frame for the whole week I'm afraid. 

I have set in the first border and am working through the remaining borders today. Most of them have been ditched and I'm planning out the rest. 

Love a formal feather
While Jim was advancing the current backing being frame ironed on Bernie, he ran across this little situation...
A "darned" tear
The owner of this backing darned what appears to have been a tear in the fabric. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this because I'm afraid this is going to seriously interfere with the quilting going into the top we will load later. 

I did another Fireworks block and worked on DW for a while last night. I just had to do custom and thread changes for all the fruit didn't I? This is taking a long time to complete. 

The weather app on my iPad said we are to have a cloudy and windy day with zero precipitation. As I'm blogging, it's snowing out and has been for about a half hour already. Aren't apps great?

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...