Thursday, January 29, 2026

Let's Talk Sashing

It took me as long to do 14 sashing strips yesterday as it did to ditch, echo and quilt four large blocks. Yep. Sashing is that time consuming. Here's the before...

It all has to be marked prior quilting
Here's the after...

Each one has to be started and stopped/tied off
A long customer visit dropping off yesterday resulted in only four blocks getting quilted in the afternoon.

Here are blocks nine through twelve (but loading out of order this morning for some reason)...

Block 11

Block 12

Block 10

Block 9
Jim wants to run to town today at some point; tax stuff and groceries. But I have more horizontal sashings to get in before I can roll to work the next set of blocks so it's going to have to wait until I've spent some quilting time in the studio. 

I did get one Fireworks block in and worked on DW for about an hour and a half last night. 

The weekly AQS state block dropped last night too. We'll be doing Alaska but I think I'll wait until tomorrow night to actually tackle it. MSU plays U of M and Jim will be occupied most of the evening with that and I'll need something to do while he hollers at the television. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...