Wednesday, January 21, 2026

Retreats

I'm co-hosting a retreat with Linda this upcoming April at a place in town called the Riverwalk. They have never held a quilting retreat there, but have hosted several scrap booking retreats. That's how Linda and I discovered the place. 

I had a call, first thing this morning, about adding another person to our already climbing numbers. I think we're at around 16 now and the brochures were just released to the public on Friday. We need a minimum of 20; shouldn't be a problem.

Tilda Girls are done and I've started on this quilt already for Bunny...

Grannies Garden by Lori Holt
This is one of those quilts you love to look at, but to long arm it is another thing. There are several, (and I mean five or more) layers throughout the piecing/applique and the machine has a tough time maintaining a consistent stitch length when tackling these hurdles. I have to constantly change feet since I need the ruler foot to do the borders and a different foot to do the free motion work. This will occupy most of the rest of the week.

Meanwhile, block five of the Fireworks top is done and the remaining fruits I hadn't yet had the pleasure of quilting were worked in The Produce Section...

Plum

Orange

Peach

Cherries
We have more snow coming down this morning and at some point groceries are needed. We have to wait and see what the weather is going to continue to do before making that decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know, I Know

This is supposed to be about quilting, but I have to get a little sidetracked this morning. Look who surprised me yesterday with the help of...