Tuesday, August 3, 2021

All In Good Times

We have to take the opportunities given to us and transform them into memories. Life is too precious and short to think 'maybe tomorrow'. When friends are only here on random weekends and random times, you grab the moment and enjoy the journey.

Our north neighbors stayed an extra day yesterday and we finally got Rose (aka Rows) out of Marina prison and brought her home, although not yet launched for a variety of reasons. We criticized the deck being built on the other side of us, and traded dog, kid, grandkid stories. We talked about life. 

They had to leave by mid-afternoon and we were once again quiet around the place. Too quiet. I turned on the tunes and worked on a customer quilt to devoid my mind of how much they were already missed. Here's what I worked on yesterday...

Emily's Table Runner
Jim brough some good news in from the mailbox after the quiet ensued. My mystery block from Cotton Cuts arrived and I started on it after working on Emily's piece. I didn't get far. Mom wasn't answering her phone and we needed to go over and check to make sure all was okay. Which it was. 

This morning, Jim and I are tackling some deck upkeep (missed screw placement, etc.) and then in the studio this afternoon to work on Pats wallhanging. More mystery block after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...